One service (either 1st or 2nd), one Sunday per month, and the occasional special event (e.g., Christmas Eve Candle lighting Service, Ministerial Graduations or Ordinations, etc.). We ask for a 12-month commitment.
- An open, friendly and loving person that enjoys greeting and welcoming our community members and guests.
- Knowledge of the Center so you can direct and refer congregants during and after service to those that can be of assistance.
- Arrive 30 minutes prior to service to help straighten the sanctuary and prepare for service, and then pick up and straighten the sanctuary at the end of service.
- Welcome and offer bulletins to congregants as they arrive.
- Assist in directing and finding seating as necessary.
- Assist in collecting offerings.
The Head Usher or a Lead Usher conducts the training typically at one of the services. Also a walk through of the processes and what we do is provided; then the new team member is shadowed by the lead.