Rites of Passage
- Each event varies from 2-5 hours. Memorials don’t usually have a lot of advance notice; weddings and baby blessings can come up from 30 days to one year prior. Each event is one-time commitment and the frequency that you are needed averages once per month.
- A one-year commitment is expected (after orientation and training).
- Compassionate; emotionally intelligent; flexible; poised.
- Dependable! A team player who stays alert to what needs to be done.
- A calm and welcoming presence; thoughtful, kind and willing to serve (you are the face of the Center; 80% of the guests are 1st time visitors)
- Able to navigate a variety of personalities at times that can be emotionally intense (Memorials), filled with great change and joy (Weddings), or filled with many young children (Baby Blessings).
- Physically able to assist with set-up and take-down in Fellowship Hall (for a Reception) and in the Sanctuary or Front Entrance (for the Ceremony).
- Comfortable asking questions, clarifying needs, and following directions.
Team members are expected to honor their commitment, arrive on time, and stay fully present from start to finish. The team follows established guidelines for kitchen use and use of Facility. Provide a graceful and calm presence to families and guests; pay attention to details and follow the specific plan for the Service and Reception. Takes direction well!
An interview with Rev. Maureen Ross then shadowing an experienced team member before committing to joining the team.