• Sacred Service • Volunteering • Sunday Service Teams • Ongoing Teams • Events/Special Occasions • Volunteer Resources
Team Lead: Rev. Susan Overland
Email: FrontOffice [at] cslsj.org
Phone: 408-294-1828 x115
Time commitment varies. We ask that you make an initial 6-12 month commitment.
- A love of people and the Center!
- Friendly and flexible; able to work on a team.
- For the Birthday Card team – legible handwriting.
- Some clerical ability is helpful.
Member Services team members can serve in one or two different capacities. First, they can assist on the Member Birthday Cards team. Each month, they receive a stack of birthday post cards, stamps, and the list of names and addresses to those with birthdays in that month. They just write a brief cheerful message and send off the cards.
NOTE: Once the cards are picked up, this can be done from home.
The other function of this team is to assist Rev. Susan twice per year in coordinating and hosting the New Member Meet ‘n Greet. Tasks can include some shopping for refreshments, set up and clean up, coming up with fun ice-breaker ideas and being present at the event to greet and mingle.
- Training for the Birthday Card team takes about 15 minutes
- Training for the New Member Meet ‘n Greet is simply a pre-planning meeting with Rev. Susan and time to iron out the details of the event.