Fall Auction Event Assistants
• Sacred Service • Volunteering • Sunday Service Teams • Ongoing Teams • Events/Special Occasions • Volunteer Resources
Team Lead: TBD
Email: Auction [at] cslsj.org
- Commitment is for one event. Time for each event depends on event scope and desired role.
- Friendly, outgoing and flexible with cheerful presence!
- Able to take and follow directions (sometimes from more than one person) and work on a team.
- Attention to detail.
- Perfectly happy if the work is non-glamorous.
- Can function in a busy environment with frequent interruptions.
- Perfectly happy if the work is non-glamorous!
- Party or event planning experience helpful but not required.
- There are many roles needed to staff this major annual event; expectations vary by role. Roles commonly needed include: planning, setting up, cleaning up, decorating, registering attendees/bidders, cashing out attendees/purchasers, working with vendors, bartending, serving, assembling auction baskets, finding sponsors/advertisers/donors, creating/organizing marketing materials, developing auction book, working with auction software (Auctria), sales/expense tracking, etc.
- Training is conducted by one or more of the Team Leads for the event. Expect to attend monthly meetings for four months before the event and weekly meetings in the month leading to the event.